Friday 16 July 2010

Big fish

15 July 2010 16:30 GMT

A British boy has caught the world's biggest goldfish.

The 2.27 kg fish was caught in a lake in Poole, Dorset, by 16-year-old Nick Richards, who was fishing for carp in the area.

He said: "I'd heard rumours there might be some big carp there and thought I'd see for myself. I was there for two days running and caught some big common carp. Then suddenly I saw this big orange fish cruising along the top of the lake.

"It wasn't too much trouble to reel it in. At first I thought it must be a really fat Koi carp, but when I saw it properly I realised it was a common goldfish - just like one you might keep as a pet."

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/187107-big-fish/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis