Monday 30 August 2010

I caught a piranha ...in the Thames

AN angler told yesterday how he caught a piranha - in the RIVER THAMES.
Richard Salmon, 38, was trying to catch chub when he reeled in the razor-toothed beastie - fabled as the world's most fearsome freshwater fish. He said: "I didn't expect to come eye to eye with a piranha."

The tropical fish, native to South America, is thought to have been dumped in the Thames by a collector with a heated aquarium. Graphic artist Richard knew it wouldn't survive long if he threw it back in the cool river. He said: "I took it home so I could prove to my pals I caught a piranha from the Thames.

"I normally fish for pike so I'm used to dealing with sharp teeth. But it was very unnerving unhooking it." Richard caught the 4in specimen in Marlow, Bucks, opposite the famous Compleat Angler hotel.

Piranhas can grow to 18ins and strip flesh from prey in seconds. They are scaring movie fans in Kelly Brook's new film Piranha 3D. In June The Sun told how angler Derek Plum, 46, hooked a piranha in a pond near Folkestone, Kent.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3115001/I-caught-a-piranha-in-the-Thames.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

1 comment:

  1. I noticed they didn't post the picture to this article, the original news article when it came out showed a man holding a fish that looked like a pirannah, but on closer look it was just a tropical fish called a "Silver Dollar" If you are trying to post the news, try getting all the information first.

    ReplyDelete

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis