Sunday 22 April 2012

Tour de Fronds for praying mantis with the bike-riding bug


The insect climbed onto the fronds of a young plant - which made it look like it was riding a bicycle downhill.

Macro photographer Eco Suparman took the shot as he was trying to capture the bug up close at one of his favourite spots in Borneo, Indonesia. 

The 23-year-old student said: ‘I was focusing on taking pictures of the mantis when I noticed the curled plants nearby.


‘Straightaway I thought it looked like a bike – but I couldn’t believe my luck when the mantis walked over and climbed on to the plant. 

He added: 'I was so excited to take the shot, but I was worried the mantis would walk away, or that the leaves would move. 

'As soon as I got home, I showed this image to the family and friends and they were all shocked at how much the picture looks like the insect is riding a bike. 

'I am really glad I was able to photograph this amazing piece of nature's art.'


Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/896046-tour-de-fronds-for-praying-mantis-with-the-bike-riding-bug#ixzz1saVWery0

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis