Monday 14 May 2012

Man uses bird call iPhone app to save chaffinch from brink of death

The tree surgeon used the iPhone app to bring the creature round when it flew into his house. Timms said: 'I went to have a look and saw this chaffinch lying dazed on the ground - it must have flown into the solar panels on the roof or one of the upstairs windows.


 'The bird looked like it was about to die any second, it was panting and struggling to breathe.' In a last ditch attempt to save the tiny bird, Leon turned to his smartphone. He added to The Sun: 'I brought the chaffinch inside and starting stroking him on my lap and then I came up with the idea of playing it the sound of another chaffinch on my mobile phone app.


'I popped the app on and almost immediately the bird’s eyes opened and he seemed to become more alert. 'It had looked almost lifeless when I brought it into the house and looked on his last legs but after I played the app it started to show signs of recovery. It definitely responded to the sound of another chaffinch.' 

Continued:  http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/898691-man-uses-bird-call-iphone-app-to-save-chaffinch-from-brink-of-death

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis