Monday 19 May 2014

Teen catches 40lb fish in flooded street


A US teenager caught a 40lb carp on his flooded street with his bare hands.

Jake Sawyer, 16, stalked the big fish through ankle-deep water before eventually grabbing hold of it in North Royalton, Ohio.

"I just slowly put my hand on it and then, once it got comfortable with me, I just kind of bear-hugged it and lifted it up," he said.

"And I had this whale of a giant fish. My arms were falling asleep once I was walking back. It was a good 40 pounds."

Heavy rains that day had caused flash flooding, and he suspected the 3ft carp had swum out of a nearby pond as the water rose.

Mr Sawyer said he wanted to ensure the fish didn't become trapped and die in the street, so he carried it back to the pond.

"I think our only option was to put it in the pond," he said. "I mean, I could've put it in my pool, but it would've died."

His mother caught his bizarre catch on video and uploaded it to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis