Monday 11 August 2014

Nine-year-old boy defends himself against nine-foot alligator


James Barney speaks from his hospital bed after surviving alligator attack in Florida
























A young boy who was attacked by an alligator in a lake in the US state of Florida described his experience on Friday from his hospital bed.


James Barney said he was riding along St. Cloud's Lakefront Park in Thonotosassa on Thursday when he felt hot and jumped into the lake.


Seconds later, he was attacked by what appeared to be a 9-foot (2.7 metre) alligator.


"At first I thought someone was just playing with me and I didn't know what happened," said James.


"I reached down to go grab it and I felt its jaw, I felt its teeth and I didn't know what to do, so I immediately reacted and hit it a couple times. So, then it was letting go a little and then finally I had enough strength left to pry its jaw open a little," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis